"Hit detection" in FH2 - Blessing or curse

eXHaLe

"Hit detection" in FH2 - Blessing or curse  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about that the "hit detection", the crosshairs that flash when you hit an enemy, is disabled as it was practiced in the previous campaign ? Should it stay as it is now or do you want the old flashing crosshairs back ?

• Yes, i want the old flashing crosshairs back
    • No, it is more realistic without
    • I really don´t care

On the 762 server it is activated, as it is desired by the developers of FH2. It is argued that this is intended to serve realism, but in my opinion it takes much of the game's originality, the immediate sense of achievement by the display of a hit. Anyone who has ever tried to shoot a plane without hit detection with a MG knows what I mean.

I had this experience in one of the last encounters, own pilots were missing and the opponent did some neatly duck shooting with their fighter bomber.For experienced Flak gunners, this may not be a problem, but for everyone else, it's just frustrating. And that's not the point of the matter after all. Forgotten Hope 2, as a modification of the pure arcade shooter BF2, goes for realism. Nevertheless, the developers have implemented the "hit detection" via the crosshairs. Why does CMP prefer to disable the same? Gameplay Realism in the sense of PR or Post Scriptum, is not the subject in the series of FH2 campaigns at CMP. You could play the over-realism card and spawn only once per round, after 10 minutes the round would be either over or in a state of shock. The realism part in FH2 is done with the selection of contemporary equipment. That's exactly what I want to see, e.g. Tiger tanks and Sturmgewehre as from 1943 etc.
Do not overdo it with pseudo-realism folks.

Presumably this has been done to create somekind of increased realism in gameplay. The direction the game is going is towards more realism, there are further measures on the horizon which could be done to further increase the level of realism.

Concentrate on that but keep the gameplay power packed, excitement always close.
Of course it is ultimately the decision of the admins how to go on. 

• Like 4

I like the way you present it and it 's a good idea to ask the whole comunitty. I'll be honest, I like our hardcore server thingies in the sense that I'm a player who spends loads of hours on ranked, so playing in a different way in the same game doesn't hurt me, maybe the opposite. It just "something different" that I find 1 day per week, instead of seeing the same thing I can on 762 everyday. Maybe If I was a newbie I won't like it. But, for the newest users I've heard so far, they tend to like this, and when I play on our hardcore server, they also do. But just an opinion

• Like 2

I also prefer to stay with current configuration, I like to play without the hit crosshair and I'm amazed about how such a little detail makes a big difference to gameplay. Crosshair disabled means more realism and inmersion for me, and anyway you have the kill feed that tells you that you have killed someone. Also like Rayder said, campaigns are played once a week so it's good to play different that we play daily at 762's server. Anyway, hit markers are configurable from BF2 itself, just like friendly fire or spawn time, it's not developed by FH2 team.

I personally don't like the frenetic playstyle of modern shooters, where you know you are hitting the enemy just because hit markers, hit points and all that kind of stuff, this way, without hit markers, combats takes longer because you have no way to know if you are missing the shots or not, so that's part of the experience given by gameplay, not just kill kill kill all the time to be the very best player of the team or the round, that sickens me.

I really think the Pacific Campaign is better without hit markers.  We have ship behind the fog trying to get ashore and we have people hiding in the jungle bushes.  Hit markers make it too easy hit things you cannot see.  This is especially true for ships.  You can just shoot the fog till you get a hit then stay on it until you killed it.

Shooting down a plane with an MG is fun but not considered a realistic/legit part of the game.  The mappers and admins try to balance the planes against each other and try to have the right amount of serious AA.  We never even consider mgs, though it does happen.  I see no reason to make it easier.

If this was't such a one shot kill game, I wouldn't care about hit markers.  However, when one good shot to a tank kills it and one good shot on a guy in the bushes kills him, I think it is less gimicky without them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would appreciate it if the hitindicator would be reactivated. Shooting at a target with the flak or the tank and not knowing if you hit or if the AP shell bounces off the opponent is really frustrating. On short distances you can also see without an indicator if and where you hit. At long distances the indicator doesn't show if you aimed too high/low or if it just bounced off. Some complain about the hit indicator which should be switched off for realism, while others turn down the graphics so that the vegetation partially disappears and no longer works as a hiding place for its opponents. This is a suspicion that not only I had from time to time.

On 10/18/2018 at 11:56 PM, GeoPat said:

I really think the Pacific Campaign is better without hit markers.  We have ship behind the fog trying to get ashore and we have people hiding in the jungle bushes.  Hit markers make it too easy hit things you cannot see.  This is especially true for ships.  You can just shoot the fog till you get a hit then stay on it until you killed it.

Shooting down a plane with an MG is fun but not considered a realistic/legit part of the game.  The mappers and admins try to balance the planes against each other and try to have the right amount of serious AA.  We never even consider mgs, though it does happen.  I see no reason to make it easier.

If this was't such a one shot kill game, I wouldn't care about hit markers.  However, when one good shot to a tank kills it and one good shot on a guy in the bushes kills him, I think it is less gimicky without them.

There are not many one-shot kill anti-aircraft guns in Fh2, for guns like the Bofors the hit indicator is helpful. On the German Flakvierling not absolutely necessary.

Maybe we can agree to play in the campaigns without Pacific maps with the hit indicator turned on?

• Like 2