New Community Updater - Tutorial and download

kummitus

Installer is now available through FH2 Launcher

Supported Windows Versions

• Windows 10
  • Windows 8.1
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7 with latest updates installed

Older versions are not supported and manual links should be used.
- Manual Download Links for Minimod & Maps for the Community Mappack can be found at the bottom of the article here.
- Manual Download Links for the Tournament Maps will be provided each week in the Battle Announcement Thread.

image.png

image.png

Warning as of August 2020: Do not tick the checkboxes "Check for [...] Updates on launch" as it could potentially cause an Unhandled System.NullReference exception error upon starting the FH2 Launcher. Solution: Re-run the FH2LauncherSetup in order to reset the FH2 Launcher. Bug will be fixed with the next FH2 update.

error_fh2launcher.jpg.1b7eab003b061962c002c3c739ffbed7.jpg

The Old Way

Download The Installer

1. Hit the download button

image.png

2. Extract anywhere

image.png

3. Double-click to run

image.png

4. Hit next

image.png

5. Choose parts to install (little reduntant, as you require both anyways, but for futureproofing us)

image.png

6. Point the installer at your Battlefield 2/Forgotten Hope 2 Standalone directory (Check if the path is correct, do not click through the installer mindlessly)

image.png

7. Let the installer do its magic

image.png

8. You're done, Congratulations!

image.png

image.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7

Awesome!!

Did the steps in guide.

Installed as suggested by installer in E:\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 (Dvd install)

But I dont see any new files in the CommunityUpdater folder or any FH2 community installer file.

So I run the installer again every week or Do I download a new installer every week ?

Open this youtube link and minimize it for some nice retro loader music in the background while installing CMP 🙂

• Like 1

Hello,

With the updater linked here, I get this error message when starting the installer.

community-updater-error.jpg

After that he can't download any of the files.

Downloaded the zip from the first post. Operating system is Windows 7 x64. He can't download the files even if Antivirus (Kaspersky) is disabled.

fh2-comupdater-error.png

Edited by Belzebuth
  • Sad 1

Hello once again

I downloaded the updater here last Friday, just before the 8th Battle. I think my OS might be causing problems.
I just remembered that on my old computer Bf2 was installed via DVD and on this one via Origin. On the old machine, it detects the path automatically, and here I have to enter it manually.

But it still doesn't work on this device.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 5:58 PM, Belzebuth said:

the Directory is: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\

D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\

Same here, and working very fine.

Apart from this, On every first run, it gives warning (not error) in pop-up screen as: "Version doesn't match, please download new version at Https//cmp-gmaing.com currently available version is 0.03, you have 0.02"

But it is latest from provided link :)

20 hours ago, WOLFXL said:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 2 Complete Collection\

Same here, and working very fine.

Apart from this, On every first run, it gives warning (not error) in pop-up screen as: "Version doesn't match, please download new version at Https//cmp-gmaing.com currently available version is 0.03, you have 0.02"

But it is latest from provided link :)

still error and i cant download