FH2 Campaign #4: Battle 12 Peleliu - Best/Worst/Funniest

Best: - CABBIES were great. This assault on HQ on the 2nd round was glorious. Everyone in the squad did his duty ! Air support with @Tore, Tank support with @RayderPSG and  @AdmiralBG were nice. Slaughter fest on mountains with the 25mm. I would also like to thanks all the japanese soldiers for not using the rifle grenade, it was really fair, so a sincere thank you all.

Worst: - Loosing the last round, and dying from  @caeno Zero, but i took my revenge with the AA gun ! The Japanese tankers were also really good at preventing lcvps to reach back flags

Funniest: - Raging against the mighty @Hawk ,then sneaking on airfield and managing to get the upper hand. Teabag felt really good. And then everything went better, even managing to cut you or land a lcvp and double teabag with @thunder493  /// Also wanting to teabag someone i just killed with my thompson and saw a japanese rushing with katana while i was on the reload...it was a close one !

Most hated player: - No one. everyone was lovely

Most loved/liked player: - Japanese players and all the cabbies. And of course the great @RayderPSG , @thunder493 & @Sir_Kowskoskey !

Best Battle Photo - "Capping or Teabagging, that is the question."

screen780.thumb.png.3df060d0a968c0286dea84462578e12a.png

Other: - As @Sir_Kowskoskey says, "Orders are simple. Less capping & more bagging".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Best surprisingly nice map. Was expecting for a official fustercluck

Worst:  you could see its going to be one of those nights after getting shishkebabt by @Quicksilver and offered tea right after

Funniest:  finally get @AL-SAHAD down and run for his corpse along comes captain boom Kamikaze.... 

funniest2: tankybagged by @Erwin

Funniest3: #jeepfail and flipping the jeep off the bridge. Who flipped it? Dunno Propably@Femisto this is why one has subordinates, blame em for your own shortcommkngs 

Most hated player: @Erwin

Most loved/liked player: -@Femisto

Best Battle Photo -
https://cmp-gaming.com/topic/1573-best-battle-photo-medal/

Other:  kamikaze whats your on forum tags?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Worst:  We were given inferior planes:
Their bomber could make 3 bomb  runs until empty and ours two, which granted is negligible.
But the overt unfair advantage over us was giving us a Wildcat instead of an Hellcat, the Zero could hit harder with ground attacks, it could destroy the AA and our landing crafts, I could not.

I know I bitched about not getting to use the Corsair but we got actively screwed, because we were given a Wildcat and not an Hellcat (which has heavier machine guns), my utility and effectiveness was 1/3 of what it should have been.  Flags were lost because i couldn't do shit against the landing crafts.

What more the Wildcat is not tweaked correctly, my mg's was like lasers, there was no spread at all, I had to move the damn thing like a scalpel.

Best:  I still p4wned j00!

Most loved/liked player:  @caenowas a worthy adversary.

Most hated player: I gotta check the stats first but it could be @caeno :) but better candidate is @kummitus and anyone else manning the AA at G-4 which interfered time and time again in the last round.

Edited by Tore
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, HaLoAL said:

Worst: Frankly tired of jokes like teabag. If it seemed someone funny at first, now it already looks ugly. Sometimes several people at once. Patients degrade or wat?
You can be with me fully disagree, so as this only my opinion. Thats all.

Fully disagree cause makes me laugh but will stop the baggings on you ;) btw i hate youre arisaka

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Tore said:

i couldn't do shit against the landing crafts.

Thats true.... BUT you CAN destroy jap tanks with Browning. WE cant. If you dont believe me, you can check for yourself. And if you didn't know about that, well, that's only your problems (also Browning can destroy German tanks up to Panthers of two types, lol)

And ja, for correctness, 20mm its not MGs, thats cannons xd

Edited by HaLoAL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HaLoAL said:

Thats true.... BUT you CAN destroy jap tanks with Browning. WE cant. If you dont believe me, you can check for yourself. And if you didn't know about that, well, that's only your problems (also Browning can destroy German tanks up to Panthers of two types, lol)

And ja, for correctness, 20mm its not MGs, thats cannons xd

I did not have the M2, in fact I thought until I did some anal research that the Wildcat had .30 Browning based on how it was in the game.  There is huge discrepancy between the effect of the Wildcat and Hellcat though I don't know how CMP implements them whether they are different from the Fh1 specs(does have M2 and 2x AC, I don't know). But from what I've seen the Wildcat is flat out broken. Or there is something wrong with the tweaks of the type 96 and the landing crafts.
Yes the M2 can fuck up a Shin, but have you actually tried it with the Wildcat?  So ignore whats on paper, how its implemented matters.

At that, I was severely hampered, like a Sherman without HE or a coax.

The Wildcat and the Zero are not equal at all in capabilities, and the entire map was using AA guns the zero could destroy but my plane.  Fuck the tanks, AA is the top priority for any BF pilot.

If we are doing the Vanilla Bf1942 spiel at Iwo-Jima, Then just give us the Hellcat and change the Zero to a Hien.  In fact I'm gonna insisted that I'll not see the Wildcats in the finale.

But enough politics IT was still a great fucking game! Or what?

45 minutes ago, Tore said:

Yes the M2 can fuck up a Shin, but have you actually tried it with the Wildcat?

facepalm.jpg
of course I did. Thats ez. I'm serious. Or do you think I'm kidding? Then I have bad news for u

If you're talking about landing boats, I said above that I agree that with Brow you cant destroy them, but at the same time you can destroy our tanks without any problems. We cant. What other questions could there be? Right, nothing. 

P.S. I wanted this camp so much and now I regret that I voted for it. I hate my choices.

Edited by HaLoAL

Ok, so after reviewing footage from the battle I am both embarrassed and vindicated.  The problem was I WAS ACCURATE!
You think I haven't been gnawing on tanks and AA guns. Combined I've flown a kilometer towards a target while letting loose.

The problem is that the damn thing not only has an annoying accuracy with no spread, IT HAS NO convergence at all!
Everything was invulnerable because they were narrow and I was shooting straight angles right past it!
What else am i suppose to think without the hit indicator. 

So yes I was given a bum plane, that needs to be fixed.

Ignoring the broken aim, I do not think tanks for LCs is a fair trade of, The Hellcat and the Hien would be fairer and that would also give you an advantage. 
(Oh right, didn't test the Hellcat on the LC)

Hopefully that will be a moot point in Iwo-Jima, I really want that to be just like Guadacanal.
You, Halcor, Wlasow and Caeno .vs my Napalm Laden Vought Corsair.  (and whatever else i can find when i respawn)

You won't stand a chance.

3 hours ago, HaLoAL said:

P.S. I wanted this camp so much and now I regret that I voted for it. I hate my choices.

Eh, cheer up. I'm not here to malign or condemn.
Just to bitch and complain :)

Edited by Tore
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeoPat said:

Come on guys!  B W F !!!

Stop making this the bitch and show your ignorance thread!

Make us laugh or something.

Funny: Well...at least my precision gave people a good scare.

Funniest: The more accurate I was there more I missed, Which means that I was shit in the first 4 rounds and great at the 5 when @caeno kept owning me.

Best: -

-Numbers. The great FH2 battle of the week. It's a really old game and I always come back to it and I can't help but feel joy when the battles starts. It's awesome :) 

-I have a love/hate relationship with the map. I love everything in it, except the area around middle flag (bloody hell... errr, nose) and I was infantry ONLY in the middle area this time :D

-I know I sweared a lot and sadly did whine a bit during battle, but I had a lot of fun flying. Awesome dogfights, but damn you @Tore:D

-Even though we lost, I kinda got a feeling that we did great with many things and.... we will have our revenge! ;) 

Worst: -

-I really should have gone to sleep instead of playing... I was so tired and cranky for the whole battle. I got really annoyed by stupid little mistakes all the time and booooyyy did I make a lot of mistakes. Really, this friday wasn't my night at all.

Funniest: -

- @CptBocquier that AA death stuck in my head for some reason like superglue! :D I mean I was just looking at the screen after dying thinking "idiot, why did I do that...I knew the enemy AA (you) was there and I still went in." It really annoyed me at the time, but now I'm just laughing at it. Good shot and you earned it after I got your landing craft once or twice! :D 

-I'm not sure did anyone see my landings, but some of those were really close to being disasters. Also some takeoffs from the island... I didn't have time to test the map before, so I did some risky "can I fit my Zero between those trees and takeoff" tests during the battle :D

Other: 

-I'm not gonna continue the airplane chat... :D BEST/WORST/FUNNIEST! 

• Like 1

Best: -Fh2 night! 37 vs 37 at some point. Nice looking map. 

Worst: -@Pr0z4c left and I got bored 

Funniest: -

Most hated player: -no one! 

Most loved/liked player: -everyone who joined. Axis for not using rifle nades. 

Best Battle Photo - "@mcpollo doing breakdance in the middle of hell" 

screen380.thumb.jpg.2393a7dd18f46c7fd1a422f58a49a6fa.jpg
https://cmp-gaming.com/topic/1573-best-battle-photo-medal/

Other: - can't wait for the last battle!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1