FH2 Campaign #5: "On Rommel's Trail" Is Now OPEN!

Quicksilver

WARNING: very long post, you can read only the final considerations

I just realized last Friday afternoon that for the evening battle the Italian army was replaced with German army, totally destroying the feeling of this battle, as your picture stated Keren was Italian, Italians fought and were defeated, that’s all right but not in what we fought Friday evening.

Did you really defeat ITALIANS?  Did you see Italian shirts? Did you recognize Italian helmets? Do you hear Italian ammos firing? Do you attack Italian flags? Just a bunch of vehicles left and in your opinion you defeated Italians? You try to give a minimum of history advises in these final battle pictures that have nothing to do with the battle we fought the entire night.

You know I left for a few years, I was supporting FHT often as officer an always with money, when they disbanded i had no clue you moved here, i realized in a casual way 2 weeks ago and i regain all enthusiasm and passion as the golden years, but what I have found? THE UPSIDE DOWN, Italians switched with Germans in the most Italian map of the whole campaign!

Who knows me can remember I was asked for three times to set up Italian regiment (Bersaglieri, Xa MAS and Folgore) and was extremely fun, we designed Italian ranks and gave a really historic feeling to the whole campaign.  I remember also in a part of a campaign, after the invasion of Sicily me as axis officer asked the admins to publish  a post in the English forum explaining what happened due to the armistice of 8th September 1943 where the Italian army disbanded and dutch posted that this was the spirit of FHT.

I don’t know what happens here and I don’t want to know, the past is the past and we should leave and go further, but just realize here this spirit is totally thrown away. You offended all the Italian soldiers who fought and died there, I have also a living cousin born 50km far from Keren, this is history, and you know what history means.

You can say “hey relax, this is a game”, yes, but we are here to play this game, it is not Fortnite or GTA, it is a game played by a community of men who loved the organized feeling of battled played in REAL theaters of war and not in fictitious landscapes, continuously creating new map with huge and dedicated effort. You can say “we have not time” as someone did, but you do have time to spend switching armies totally wasting the historical feeling of a map.

Of course there were motivations to do this, but things can change, people can change their minds, situations can change and maybe we could be ready for this.

FINAL CONSIDERATIONS

I just want to move things in way that I feel is sound, I ask, in the most kindly way, please reconsider getting rid of the Italian army.

If not, I kindly ask, always in the most kindly and polite way:

1)      Getting rid of the Italian army is now a rule, and like every rule it should be stated public in the general rules or in the campaign rules

2)      Do not post victory pictures (to both allies or axis) stating Italians loose or wins, there is no Italian army in this tournament, don’t try to give historically feeling of battles you totally altered, let Italians rest in peace e don’t talk about them if you don’t want them in battles, please

Many thanks to everyone had the patience to read this, and I want to be clear I don’t want to offend anyone.

Romeo (I sign this with my real life name, this happening hurts my person more than me as player)

• Confused 1

@Mekong As I told you in private, there was a reason to write the newspaper in this way and I explained you why in private. Honestly, I don´t see any reason for your complaint, except, probably, not to be Italian soldiers in this map. Nobody here have anything against Italians, or Italian Army so it´s not needed a rule about it. Imho, you are a bit exagerated with this. Simply, there was some issues that made that Italians were removed from Keren even if they, historically, were there and defeated in Eritrea.

As you can understand, and if you likes History you can check it, there wasn´t any unit from the 7th Armoured Division in Eritrea and, nowadays, we included them in the Newspaper because it´s the unit choosen as Allied this campaign. Same will happen in further battles, because the 90 Afrika Division had no intervention in Creta, so according to your opinion, we should remove every comment about it in the future...

It´s true that FH2 it´s a game, but we are trying to be, most of times, historically correct: but not in every situation it´s possible to do so: if games mechanics allows it, we will be close to the reality but if not, game and fun of every player it´s prioritary.

With this publication, @Quicksilverand me tried to make something for fun, mixing Historical events with some aspects of the game battle, to increase the atmosphere of the Campaign and, honestly, we think that it´s funny enough to everyone (except you, which I respect so much).

Next battle, won´t be Italians involved (well, they attacked Grece from Albania, but not with success), so you don´t have to be worried about that.

In the past, 9th Australian Infantry Division fought against Divissione Corazzata Littorio in a full campaign. Who knows if something like that can happen in the future? ;)

I hope with this words, added to what I said to you in private, makes you feel in a better mood to enjoy next battle.

In bocca al lupo!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guest HochuDeutschmeister

Mekong I have sended a rather similar Explosion of fealings like yours to Admin Hawk on our privat Whatsapp when I saw this "Murder of Historical Facts" The Answer was "Balancing" which I suppose to be a silly Thing ! What the Germans win by the better MG 34 the loose by the MP 40 against the Baretta with 40 Cartridges, and the Rifles seem to me beeing equal,  so...……………  9_9 But whatever the battle itself was great fun and the Germans didnt help  FOR THE KING we won😊:jumpeveryone:

@Mekong , I can understand you. Trust me. But through playing previous campaigns I have been able to imagine, a little bit, how hard can be to plan a campaign and BALANCE it(and more things I don't know...). Very tough work behind, not only in holding campaigns, also all what concerns CMP.

I think you can use that energy to volunteer and help admins. Maybe you can come across with an idea and admins like it.

I know your words have good intentions behind. Just change on how you are focusing them. Nobody is against you mate :salute:

Somewhere deep inside my gamer heart i'm hurt because of that newspaper. Trust me, I'm mad at it!, but we can hit them back on the next map!.

Actions speak louder than words !!!! :minigun:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spieler4 said:

Thank You all for explaining this in Public 🙂

My general opinion : Sort out your problems in public forum.

Admins - Dont delete posts and do not lock topics.

Remove that silly Zero Tolerance announcement topic, show some mercy and allow weak people to have a day or two off.

If you think it's silly writing a post aboit having Zero tolerance with racism, etc, probably you have a problem. Anyway, your comment it's absolutely offtopic so, if you have anything to say, contact site Admins. Thanks

1 hour ago, Wualy said:

If you think it's silly writing a post aboit having Zero tolerance with racism, etc, probably you have a problem. Anyway, your comment it's absolutely offtopic so, if you have anything to say, contact site Admins. Thanks

Rules were here all ready and now a word like sexism is also added. Why, because of Me2 ?

I find it silly flaming whole community with rules in a topic that cannot be replied/discussed by community users. Just because 1 or 2 guys dont get it that is all 🙂

Common sense goes a long way and really the bar on even kicking anyone is quite high. Its more a notion and reminder that this is international community wide variety of backgrounds. The matter was itself discussed quite well on Discord already. 

Like there's no filtering or any other automated means scanning through your messages. You're adults, you carry the responsibility on what you say or write, and that's decided after the fact. If there's any concerns regarding the rules, please start a new thread for that.

Mekong I'll hook you up soon.

• Like 1

Guest HochuDeutschmeister

As old little never involved in Comand and Admin, just an Player I am not really able to see what is going on here! 28 Campainges  FH 1 , 1918 and most FH2 including Forgotten Honer Campaignes  I played a lot on the old (R.I.P) Plattform  and was Thankful for the new one CMP. I liked to Play all These Long Wonderful Campainges  having all that TS Friends around the world  French ,German, Spain, Brasilian. French, Belgium, Russian Turky ,sorry for whom ever I have forgotten , was no Intention just the fault of an 55 year old man who likes to Play 42/Mods and BF2/Mods :banghead: and most FH2 on  Forgotten Honour and now CMP. It  Mad me free of my often RL small and cadged Live in normality .  Spieler 4 s behaviour' is same disturbing as his Avatar! This started with a Discussion  about changeing a Fraction in a not correct  historical way and I was disturbet  about that , My fault, I am an Military History Fraek, just a Freak  the same way as Mekong  an Historical Freak seems to be for me  Excuse me   Sorry Mekong for indirektly Name you a Fraek but I feal the Same Viibs I had when the Italians where Changed . This began as a Little Trouble in a Champaigne  an now I feel  myself and this Plattform and at Least the running Campaigne threadendt by Things I do´nt know ………………………...  Spieler 4  whatever your Intentions are Leave us alone  .. I cant onderstand this ,,,,,,,,,, i dont want too and I´will not, get rid of it and just Play with us or  ……….. and this Campaine should run in this Intention  showen by my most loved Military Video: 

11 hours ago, Spieler4 said:

Rules were here all ready and now a word like sexism is also added. Why, because of Me2 ?

I find it silly flaming whole community with rules in a topic that cannot be replied/discussed by community users. Just because 1 or 2 guys dont get it that is all 🙂

No, because the rules needed updating.

And because we banned a racist idiot I think it's time to remind people about the rules.

• Like 3