Arma III

Tutvys

Arma III in CMP - Yay or Nay?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own Arma III? Would you play Arma III?

• I own Arma III and I would love to play it only if vanilla!
    • I own Arma III and I would love to play it only if modded!
    • I own Arma III and I would love to play it only if modded and Milsim unit is created/Campaigns happen!
    • I would buy Arma III and join!
    • Arma III isn't my game and I will not join.

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
On 22.10.2017 at 7:07 PM, Ensign_Steel said:

This is one of those gaming experiences you try once and get addicted right away.

On 23.10.2017 at 4:54 PM, Humledrik said:

Yep... Even those of us who were so bad it defied belief.

20171028234257_1.thumb.jpg.9d760db7b567ad63b0995b10405c5c7f.jpg

i completely agree with you. thinking about the mission we had the night before and looking at the screenshots one would like to hop on the server again and keep things going.
first two hours of the game were greatly entertaining even without a single shot fired. it's a gaming experience completely different to the more 'arcade' games i'm used to.

5 hours ago, Yehiel said:

i completely agree with you. thinking about the mission we had the night before and looking at the screenshots one would like to hop on the server again and keep things going.
first two hours of the game were greatly entertaining even without a single shot fired. it's a gaming experience completely different to the more 'arcade' games i'm used to.

Just driving the car towards enemy territory was a rush. My heart was beating faster and I was annoying the others in the car by singing something stupid like I always do whenever I'm nervous. You could really feel the tension. It was simply intense the whole way through.

It's like playing an RPG shooter, not just a shooter. Great way of playing online.
Only problem I have is that the immersion at the mission start really starts things off very slowly and I only have limited gaming time weekly due to real life commitments.

It was asked what people thought about a Sunday WW2 campaign. Here's an idea - What about a WW2 campaign during Forgotten Hope 2 downtimes? Then I wouldn't be having to look at the clock all the time, which I had to do on Saturday. 

Edited by Humledrik

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished the single player campaigns and there are still controls I keep forgetting...
It's  a great game engine - but it has serious issues with the AI that mean it's only really playable as MP. It's impossible to keep your AI squad alive  as they just run around like idiots.

Also been trying some of the WW2 modded stuff and it looks great - but again needs to be a MP experience and the servers just aren't populated enough yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, Ronid said:

Hi guys! Got Arma III on recent sale and was wondering if there is a chance for a total noob to play with you sometime (haven't played Arma ever, but am willing to catch up asap).

Hey, Ronid! Glad you joined us. Now our first "Campaign" has ended, so we're preparing for next one, which should come up in a week or two. Everyone who's in regiment (including you :) ) will be noticed via PM. Don't worry, people here are kind and will surely help you to learn, if you need anything in particular feel free to msg me, I'll try to help you as much as I can!

7 hours ago, Tutvys said:

Hey, Ronid! Glad you joined us. Now our first "Campaign" has ended, so we're preparing for next one, which should come up in a week or two. Everyone who's in regiment (including you :) ) will be noticed via PM. Don't worry, people here are kind and will surely help you to learn, if you need anything in particular feel free to msg me, I'll try to help you as much as I can!

Thank you Tutvys! Will do when I will have some questions.