Foxhole - A Persistent Multiplayer Game Where Wars Can Last For Days

Quicksilver

Imagine Company of Heroes, but with 120 people each controlling their own soldier.

With 120 players on the field, manning a supply route or keeping watch is as important as building tanks and shooting the bad guys.

Excerpt from PC Gamer review:
"I spent three hours playing Foxhole, an isometric massively-multiplayer shooter that hit Steam Early Access today, without shooting anyone. ‘Supplies at location X’ is a constant call to action in the busy player team chat, and so I did my best, breaking down piles of salvage and delivering it to a manufacturing plant, where it was refined and shipped out by an assembly line of other players to one of several forward operating bases keeping our frontline steady. I smashed piles of rubbish with a hammer, walked over to a truck, deposited the rubble, and watched it drive away. I forgot to eat dinner that night."

Read the full preview here

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Quicksilver said:

No @Smashmachine I don't. I just saw it on a PC Gamer review and thought it interesting, especially as it really needs proper teamplay to work as a game.

I don't think I have enough free time to invest in a game like this unfortunately.

@Quicksilver I think i'm going to buy it. 15€ it's ok. I have seen some gameplays and it looks really cool.

Take a look at this video.

:imnewhere:

I've been playing for a while. As I haven't seen the option to create a private server for practising by myself, i've joined a public one.

Fortunately, people try to cooperate. COMMUNICATION is VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT. :59033fd2a249f_1:

When you start, you have only one pistol(some ammo) and a hammer. If you want a rifle, or a grenade, ammo, etc. you need to go to the town hall to see if a teammate has created the object you want. Everything needs to be crafted and created. So it's important to know how to do/craft things(Know how).

Crafters and Support players are essentials. They will be the ones who create and take supplies to the frontline. Without them, the frontline is lost. So it is needed to create a "supply line", from the beggining(crafting resources and creating objects) to the final step(to take needed supplies to the front).

Once you are equipped (pistol, rifle, grenade, medical kit and some ammo), you can go to the frontline. If you load you bag/inventory with lots of things, you will run less or you won't be able to run and you will walk. Try not load your bag too much. Only necessary things.

Other players needed, Builders. To build defenses. Every captured area/point/flag or the town hall itself, needs to be protected. You can build walls to surround the zone. you can also build foxholes, machinegun nests, etc.

Vehicles can be built by everyone. You only need the materials and go to the indicated building for doing this.

So a team or regiment can be formed of: Crafters, Suppliers, Builders/Engineers, Soldiers.

Soldiers: What else... You know what to do. Like we do on fridays  :grover:  :pink:

Gameplay: Although player's view is from top camera("from the sky"), you cannot see everything. I mean, you will be able to see things depending on your player's position. You cannot see through a wall, for example. When moving and shooting, nothing to say. Easy. Like other games we play. Right click to aim (You will see a white line to help you aimming. If it gets red, it means you cannot aim to that position). Left click = shot. You can run(there's stamina. so you can't run for ever), crouch and prone.

That's all for now. :bravo::pink:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For everybody to know, I'm bringing together some Foxhole players. We are very few by now. I hope we can keep going on with this in the future. If someone is interested in playing with us, leave a message here. Thank you!!

@Ombustman and @Watchtower, i've been told you may like to play Foxhole. Is it true?

Edited by Smashmachine

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2018 at 4:58 AM, Smashmachine said:

For everybody to know, I'm bringing together some Foxhole players. We are very few by now. I hope we can keep going on with this in the future. If someone is interested in playing with us, leave a message here. Thank you!!

@Ombustman and @Watchtower, i've been told you may like to play Foxhole. Is it true?

Yes I do - sorry I missed the msg!