Altered Carbon

also binge-watched it last weekend :) The series came out of nowhere and totally went under my radar until it got released.
good story! Kind of an expected prima facie perpetrator, but certainly not the whole plot behind it. Nudity and brutality is a thing - Netflix is covering those primitive demands quite good. 9_9

Edited by Hawk

Yes, I wasn't expecting so much of the nudity at least :D but I guess that Game of Thrones has raised the bar on both and now all the big productions have to have equal amounts of both.

Those few revelations at the end were good. Looks like there's a good chance of a Season 2, so will be interesting to see where it goes.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver said:

Yes, I wasn't expecting so much of the nudity at least :D but I guess that Game of Thrones has raised the bar on both and now all the big productions have to have equal amounts of both.

Those few revelations at the end were good. Looks like there's a good chance of a Season 2, so will be interesting to see where it goes.

if you dont have to stick to TV regulations and have your own platform i guess you can do more than the usual. :P
I'm not sure if there is going to be a second season. The ~15 years-old trend to have a continuing storyline instead of self-contained episodes makes it possible to just release these basically looooong movies as "mini series". This seems to be exactly this kind of series. Of course, the temptation to melk a franchise and release further seasons is high, but often develops a story to ridicolous heights and water it down.

The story is based on a book by Richard Morgan from 2002. I wouldnt wonder if the story ends with the last episode. The case is closed, the story is finished, there is no further need to prolong it. Only unsatisfying part for me personally is that it lefts open if he "finds what he is searching for." But well, that is a probate stylistic i guess. 

Anyway, it's not impossible that they are able come up with something new in this universe. While the premise is the same as in the book, the characters, especially the antagonists differ. They can further spin it, i am sure.

Edited by Hawk

I'm up to episode 2 of Altered Carbon. Really enjoying it - but yes, very very derivative of Blade Runner.  I can't get enough of flying cars and bleak dystopian cityscapes so I'm fine with it.
Other great news is series 2 of "Westworld" which is coming a lot earlier in the year than I was expecting.

Edited by Humledrik