FH2 CMP Campaign #3 Map Testing Event #2 - Come Join Us!

forgotten-hope2-logo.png.3388e9b0e429d1b360e7cf2e9cf663b3.png

Come and get a sneak peak at the battle maps for the upcoming FH2 campaign!

The next FH2 campaign is just around the corner, and we would like to do a test of some of the maps and invite everyone to participate. 

This event will take place on Sunday 13th May at 18:00 UTC (Battle Time)

We will take a peek at the following maps:

• Silver Fox (done by Matsku on basis of a port of the BF2142 map done by Hitmaker)
  • Aniskala (done by Geopat on basis of the map Operation Avalanche)
  • Herrlisheim (done by Papillon on basis of the existing Herrlisheim map from Helix)
  • Karelian Isthmus (a port of Arad to the Continuation War theatre by Prozac)
  • Ilomantsi (done by SgtAlex, also donated by keimummy)
  • Sinimaed (polished by GeoPat, also donated by keimummy)

Further maps that are in the making but not ready yet are Invasion of Tornio (done by Watchtower on basis of a donated map from keimummy) and Sinimaed (polished by Airshark, also donated by keimummy)

https://fh2.cmp-gaming.com/cmp_file_share/cmp_t3_test_13052018.zip

IMPORTANT! Make a backup of the cmp_minimod folder found in Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels beforehand, because that will be overwritten and you cannot play on 762 #1 with the new files. Just copy back in after map testing is over.

Teamspeak:

CMP - Teamspeak Server : ts.cmp-gaming.com

I fear you guys missed the train... (had months to start the campaign, there are many many good FH2 maps out there already, and replacing a faction with russians can be done in BF2 editor), now VERY soon we'll have Post Scriptum (Epic Unreal Engine 4 WW2 tactical shooter) and many players will primarily play that instead of FH2 then. (Ofc I'll gladly still play FH2 campaigns, but we need to advertise more!)

Edited by DanielNL
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Papillon said:

Here is the link:

https://fh2.cmp-gaming.com/cmp_file_share/cmp_t3_test_13052018.zip

make a backup of the fh2/levels/cmp_minimod folder beforehand if you play public on 762, cause this will be overwritten with an incompatible newer version for this test.

Extract to bf2/mods.

The requested URL /cmp_file_share/cmp_t3_test_13052018.zip.filepart was not found on this server.

On 12/05/2018 at 4:38 PM, DanielNL said:

VERY soon we'll have Post Scriptum (Epic Unreal Engine 4 WW2 tactical shooter) and many players will primarily play that instead of FH2 then.

Post Scriptum plays as a very different type of game. Where FH2 is more arcade based (less sim) and faster paced. PS plays much slower and players are more cautious, plus it really does rely on teamwork and co-ordination to a much greater degree (Logisitics and Armoured squads for example), so I don't think that it will suit all FH2 players.

This isn't the place for this discussion though as we have a topic on Post Scriptum in the General Chat area

• Like 2

On 12.5.2018 at 5:38 PM, DanielNL said:

I fear you guys missed the train... (had months to start the campaign, there are many many good FH2 maps out there already, and replacing a faction with russians can be done in BF2 editor), now VERY soon we'll have Post Scriptum (Epic Unreal Engine 4 WW2 tactical shooter) and many players will primarily play that instead of FH2 then. (Ofc I'll gladly still play FH2 campaigns, but we need to advertise more!)

the next campaign is way overdue, im not sure my FH2 still works, 

16 hours ago, Gunghoo said:

the next campaign is way overdue, im not sure my FH2 still works, 

Yep, we were waiting for what we thought would be a release of the next FH2 update so we could make sure everyone was updated and the campaign maps / features still worked ok, but it is slow to release so we are just going to go ahead with the campaign now and deal with the update when it eventually arrives.