FH2 freeze

gerul

Question

Hi, since a few weeks I've encountered an issue that makes me unable to play battles in campaign.

Joining the game. Map is loaded. I start playing, joining the squads etc. Then at random, game freezes, I can still hear guys on TS, system is still running in the background and I am only able to call ctr+alt+del and logout from Windows. Alt+tab is not working, I see other windows opened in the background but I'm unable to swtich to any of them.
This issue happens at random, a week ago I played whole battle without problems. Yesterday every 10 minutes. Sometimes it happens after 3 hours of playing, sometimes not at all. There's no rule.

Things I've tried already:

- reinstalled BF2 from the scratch, helped for 2-3 weeks, then it re-appeared

- cleaned cache from My Documents

- tried 2,3 versions of GPU drivers

- checked Windows Event Viewer, nothing suspicious, only Info entry about "ForgottenHope2.exe hung up".

- comp specs well beyond requirements. I play DCS for hours without an issue. This is a real monster hungry for resources

Is there any log available? Or maybe some magical debug switch to locate the issue? If anybody knows, please reply.

Thanks

3 answers to this question