BF42/1918/FH0.7

Druidix

Hi, 

You probably know that now that Forgotten Honor is (almost) dead, du, for me, to a bad gestion. 
We had a bf1918 campaign planned before they close the website, and it will be probably never played. 

I would like to know if opening a BF42 branch was in your plans. This is the game which have made me discover Battlefield, as a lot of you I think, but also Forgotten Hope. When I was younger, I was dreaming about playing FH2, it was looking insane to my eyes. So, as I didn't have BF2, I played FH0.7, and spent a lot of great moments on. 
I would be very sad if this game was completly dead, so I would like to know if we can save it. And I know we could

• Like 1

As far as I know, FH1 and mods related with BF 1942 aren't on our plans. But I also suppose it s not an impossible idea if someone takes care of.  Id also like to  continue to play those. For now, what I do is trying to play the event organised for FHSW normally every sunday @Druidix

Maybe @Buddydog knows something...?

4 hours ago, Druidix said:

By the way, any idea of why the game doesn't work. When I clic on the icon, nothing happens. I've search a bit, and found a compatibility patch, but it changes nothing.µ
I remember that it was working well on the same computer some years ago 

Druidix explain me via PM. I don t have any issue with icons

On 20/01/2018 at 8:22 PM, Quicksilver said:

@Druidix we would be happy to support a FH0.7 / FHSW / BF1918 campaign, but this would be something that you or someone else interested in running a campaign would need to set up, get HQ's and officers involved, arrange maps and the rest.

Why not, i will search for some helpers, and maybe recontact you later. 

The main issu was the player number, could be great to have at least an idea of how many we could get here. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Buddydog

Surprised I haven't gotten a PM about this...

I can move the branch over, now that Forgotten Honor has disbanded and I have no obligations to them anymore.

Also, as I was the last Director of Forgotten Honor, I would need to have some say over use of fht mod

So many plans were made for BF1918, would be a shame to go to waste. 

Edited by Buddydog

18 hours ago, Buddydog said:

Surprised I haven't gotten a PM about this...

I can move the branch over, now that Forgotten Honor has disbanded and I have no obligations to them anymore.

Also, as I was the last Director of Forgotten Honor, I can also give myself permission to use the FHT mod...

So many plans were made for BF1918, would be a shame to go to waste. 

I should have, but as i didn't know if you check cmp often i've prefered post here. 

It could be great to continu the preparation of the bf18 campaign, @SputnikFighter is still ok. 

Guest Buddydog

1. The CMP admins should really contact me about this campaign.  I had inside sources that I was supposed to be contacted months ago.

2. FHT mod is for FHT approved campaigns.  We are thinking...in very dangerous territory...

3. I can organize something, but it would be through the FHT remnant unless if circumstances change...

Buddy.....FHT is gone gone gone. What remnant are you talking about? What circumstances? We are talking here mate, so what needs to be said, we can talk here. If we decided to use the fhtmod (which is not decided just to be clear. bf1918 is afaik not fht affiliated, nor is FHSW), then of course all due credit will be given to FHT and the team behind the fhtmod (of which noone, including you or me or anyone else in cmp-gaming nor the last set of fht people, was ever a part of), but we are living here and now.

Guest Buddydog

I was told I was supposed to be offered to migrate the branch over to here as early as last summer.  But I was never contacted.  

Literally all what I have been waiting for is a PM from someone offering me to take the branch here. If I get that respect, then I will act. 

Okay, been watching this from the sidelines and time to step in. Buddy do you mean those two chats we had about this?  The chats where you said the same thing about this " i expect some one to contact me?"  Would I be the " inside source"   you mean?  Im curious cause i have a different memory about the topic. I told you to open up the discussion yourself on the forums or contact for example pap directly by pm. I also told you to stop this fht against cmp cause nobody is talking about it here (why cause there is no it) and all honesty this is exactly one of the things we are trying to leave behind.  

So buddydog if you want to look into starting something up with fh1, i think there is no one against it. So you can start doing it. But really time to stop this extra bs. If you cannot drop it, then maybe we all ( you included) will be happier not to do anything regarding fh1. In that case Cmp will continue playing other games as a group. Your choise. 

Edit: just to make clear there are no branch managers nor branches here. Just a group of people having fun together. The comitee is the only " governing body" who oversee stuff.

Starting new things is just cause of individual activity and personal interest

Edited by Sir_Kowskoskey
  • Like 1

Guest Buddydog

Yea, I was in the middle of a BF1918 campaign then.  No way I was going to migrate the branch and deny my obligations then.  I had thought that I could take F|H from Lister and reunify the community under fairer leadership.  

But whatever, all is in the past now.  I can be all on board now here if given a green light, a discussion with the Committee would also be nice.