Jump to content
WOLFXL

Hell Let Loose

Recommended Posts

  • Much better optimisation than Post Scriptum. Graphics much nicer and game ran pretty smooth for me
  • Two maps available, only really played St Marie-du-Mont but there was a lot of interesting areas with broken buildings, plenty of trenches and so on - this allowed for some good fire fights. Hurtgen Forest I saw briefly and looks like a tough map to play
  • Interesting mechanics with AT and artillery guns requiring a loader if you want to shoot quickly otherwise you need to switch to loading position, load and then switch back
  • Tanks require 2 people minimum - driver and gunner. They are a pain to drive as it is manual gears! Prefer the tanks in Post Scriptum
  • Map works well and looks to auto-place on the map position of friendly AT and AP mines, plus supply drops and repair stations for tanks
  • Easy to place markers on the map for enemy, places to attack, defend or move
  • Commander has some good abilities as you are limited on infantry spawning, tanks etc. without the resources to do so. Bombing run is awesome!
  • Audio isn't anywhere near as immersive as Post Scriptum right now

vlcsnap-2019-04-06-10h49m55s425.thumb.png.dfa15ea05ad48e513c295978035fb4cd.png

vlcsnap-2019-04-06-10h51m12s721.thumb.png.5806ebd53cc706e15646041ab1d60a7d.png

vlcsnap-2019-04-06-10h52m52s550.thumb.png.0591fe3d2f1fdcd71a90adc184fd5c80.png

vlcsnap-2019-04-06-10h52m39s842.thumb.png.805284a026632d4eed495f1b497c7da5.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

38 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:
  • Much better optimisation than Post Scriptum. Graphics much nicer and game ran pretty smooth for me
  • Two maps available, only really played St Marie-du-Mont but there was a lot of interesting areas with broken buildings, plenty of trenches and so on - this allowed for some good fire fights. Hurtgen Forest I saw briefly and looks like a tough map to play
  • Interesting mechanics with AT and artillery guns requiring a loader if you want to shoot quickly otherwise you need to switch to loading position, load and then switch back
  • Tanks require 2 people minimum - driver and gunner. They are a pain to drive as it is manual gears! Prefer the tanks in Post Scriptum
  • Map works well and looks to auto-place on the map position of friendly AT and AP mines, plus supply drops and repair stations for tanks
  • Easy to place markers on the map for enemy, places to attack, defend or move
  • Commander has some good abilities as you are limited on infantry spawning, tanks etc. without the resources to do so. Bombing run is awesome!
  • Audio isn't anywhere near as immersive as Post Scriptum right now

I can only agree with that. I like it. Unfortunately, I didn't drive a tank, I don't think the gears are that bad. If the tank explodes, the effects in Post Scriptum are a bit better.

 

HLL-Win64-Shipping-2019-04-05-22-23-01-38.jpg

HLL-Win64-Shipping-2019-04-05-23-51-16-09.jpg

HLL-Win64-Shipping-2019-04-05-23-04-01-00.jpg

Edited by Belzebuth
some screenshots added
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In some ways. You are less reliant on the Engineers like you are in PS to build things and supply infantry, but a lot of the game play is the same in how you fight as infantry really. At least in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 12:20 AM, Quicksilver said:

Thanks @Xant, we've already submitted our details and are waiting for them to get in contact with us.

I suspect this won't happen until they open for beta sometime in Q2 2019.

Is there anything new about mods and custom maps for Hell Let Loose?

Have they contacted you yet?

This weekend is the third betaphase with the new Map Voy!

https://mobile.twitter.com/hell_let_loose/status/1129427608733736962

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belzebuth said:

Is there anything new about mods and custom maps for Hell Let Loose?

Have they contacted you yet?

This weekend is the third betaphase with the new Map Voy!

https://mobile.twitter.com/hell_let_loose/status/1129427608733736962

I wouldn't expect anything related to mods and custom maps for quite a while yet. We've still to learn about host our own server and how that will work.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News from the devs is that no private servers will be allowed / supported for the foreseeable future.

Hell Let Loose servers can only be rented from two companies - G-Portal (https://www.g-portal.com/en/gameserver/rent-a-hell-let-loose-server) and Nitrado (https://server.nitrado.net/eng/offers/Hell-Let-Loose) so obviously not much in the way of options right now.

Also, servers cannot be password protected for private matches, everything must be public play.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Quicksilver said:

News from the devs is that no private servers will be allowed / supported for the foreseeable future.

Hell Let Loose servers can only be rented from two companies - G-Portal (https://www.g-portal.com/en/gameserver/rent-a-hell-let-loose-server) and Nitrado (https://server.nitrado.net/eng/offers/Hell-Let-Loose) so obviously not much in the way of options right now.

Also, servers cannot be password protected for private matches, everything must be public play.

That's a real shame, first no mods/custommaps, and now no dedicated servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't understand why no private servers and passwords.... I can understand no mods and blah blah, but NO private servers and NO passwords.... It's like Foxhole, and that's the reason why Foxhole lost potential... what is the funny thing about gathering people together but they can't play cooperatively??? ... that's a shame...
The truth has to be said, and I heard people saying that a pair of big foxhole communities had its own private server hosted by Foxhole.... maybe we can do the same here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, orgs are most likely passwording for events and trainings etc., but some will also just be for members only. It's fairly rare though as anyone renting a server at the moment needs player traffic to actually legitimise paying out for a server in the first place!

@Ayrton we have a Discord channel for Hell Let Loose too https://discord.gg/BHzaf7p so if you aren't registered there then I'd recommend doing so and posting if you want to see if anyone is interested in playing a few rounds. At the moment we are not really doing any organised play, but there are people meeting up to play once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks interesting, biggest thing will be once they have wheeled vehicles in game for some quick charges at flags.

By the way @Ayrton are you still playing Post Scriptum? We have need of players for some organised games,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries. Most HLL events are on a Saturday evening which I cannot attend, so if anyone wants to pick up the lead on setting something up that would be appreciated.

Best place seems to be this Discord channel - https://discord.gg/kwWQh3d and check out their event-updates.

Looks to be something happening this Saturday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We also recommend reading our Privacy Policy and Guidelines.