Wraith

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Post Scriptum now available for Pre-Order on Steam - https://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/

Game should be out in late May from reports. Pre-ordering allow beta testing in May.

Feature List

• 40 vs 40 multiplayer PvP battles (50v50 is our goal)
  • Parachuting into action
  • Photo scanned 3D Uniforms
  • Artillery and Airstrike support
  • Vehicles using realistic values, such as turret speed, armor thickness etc.
  • Authentic level at a 1:1 scale based on military archives and historical maps
  • Faithfully recreated historical weapons, vehicles and famous landmarks
  • Base building, fortification and barricades
  • Logistic and supply runs to help fortify your position and rearm friendlies
  • Towing system for supplies
  • In game Voice Over IP with proximity fade
  • Player driven objectives in Sandbox game mode
  • Full access to PS SDK to add or modify content
  • Steam Workshop support

Teaser Trailer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's going to be a bit of a delay while they squash some bugs - https://steamcommunity.com/games/736220/announcements/detail/1673529613996458860

Dear PS community,

As most of you already know, Periscope Games is hosting internal playtests twice a week in order to make sure our first iteration of Post Scriptum is the most enjoyable as possible.

At the end of April, we had our big event with developers, streamers/YouTubers and internal playtesters etc.. We were very confident on what we had at that time and were only missing a few optimisations, our user interface upgrade and some minor corrections here and there to the game mechanic. That build was on Offworld Core A10.

Based on the stability of the A10 build, we weren’t foreseeing any major issues when switching to A11 in late April. Minor issues are always to be expected when you upgrade to a new core and things tend to break but nothing we haven’t experienced in the past.

Development kept on going with Weekend Playtest planned for May in mind.

Unfortunately our internal playtest last night [17/05/18] proved to us that we are not ready to share our current build with you guys and we will cover the reasons for this heartbreaking decision.

We will also explain why we do not wish to provide you our old A10 build as it will not provide the full Post Scriptum experience we want players to have for their first time.

However things are not as bad as it sounds though, far from it actually but a delay appears to us like the only viable alternative for that *one* critical issue.

Let’s start with the bad part then, the main reason why Post Scriptum will not be in your hands during the month of May as originally intended and marketed.
Since our A11 upgrade, vehicles are having a very hard time communicating between the server and client. In short, what you see is not necessarily what your teammates will see, so this sight was not uncommon at all during the play test.

This is it folks! Sky is clear, Operation Market Garden is a go this weekend!

We have more than 30 thousands soldiers waiting on the landing grounds ready to get into action. We will also be looking to run our own CMP Post Scriptum server for this weekend play test.

Read the full announcement here https://steamcommunity.com/games/736220/announcements/

While we make sure the logistic is ready for the weekend operation (servers, anti-cheat, grenades are properly packed and hot tea) Periscope Games entire development team would like to invite you to a **Live Tea Time With The Devs stream on Friday night at 7.00pm GMT**, where we will walk you through our maps, game mechanics, tanks system, rules etc..
That way you will be ready to get into battle without being a headless chicken running clueless to a certain death. Don’t be a burden and make sure you are game ready!

i was so excited about this game to be released somewhen soon! but now i'm really wondering if this would be fun at all considering the hardware requirements.

sadly i had to find out there's at least (!) one bottleneck with my system: the graphics card. but also my i5, the only 8GB of ram and a normal (slow) hardrive quite scares me that on a populated server i'd never be able to run it with some playable frames per second (20+ at least /30+ to have fun), even in low settings (which you'd never plan to set when buying a new game).

so my specs are:

i5 4670 CPU at 3.4GHz
MSI GTX 750 Ti

8 GB RAM (9) 1600MHz

what do you think, is there a chance PS runs 'okay' with a 750 Ti or, if i'd get a more powerful graphics card, will my CPU at least be able to handle it somewhat smoothly?
i'm planning to get another cpu-fan soon, still having the standard one on it and it's getting really hot/noisy by the time. getting another RAM stick wouldn't be a problem. but if the CPU is a real second bottleneck i'd need a new motherboard and all ... so the 'dream' of playing PS would be over. :(
it's a pity time goes by so fast and modern games are often barely playable with midrange-setups only few years old.

thanks in advance in case somebody will have an idea / answer to this!

ok, good news is i can definitely keep the cpu/motherboard.
bad news is the low-tdp 750ti won't handle post scriptum (and other future games) so that a 1060 is indeed the next guess, meaning 300 bucks atm, maybe a little less with good timing. (and what is going on with those wavering prices?!)

so no PS for now. maybe i'll join you in a few months/years. ;)

DONT BLAME BITCOIN, for * sake I see EVERYONE blaming bitcoin here. IT IS NVIDIA AN AMD, THEY see their chance to rip off us customers with those prices and MAKE USE of it/abuse the high demand for graphics cards. I even start to wonder if I should spend more than 1000 € on a few mining ASICs and rent some small factory building (with cheap electricity, if that is even possible) and make myself a millionair... (or at least earn several thousands of € over 1-2 years)... The world is freagging weird, earning money for just wasting electricity and calculations to just "get" money... How can european banks even accept this... Wtf who knows, maybe even the military is behind all this and runs military calculations on our ASICs... LOL

• Confused 1

@Yehiel yeah I think you'll struggle for the moment. The game runs much heavier than Squad does and of course is still a work in progress. Mainly it's the vegetation and foliage which seems to be the issue.

Cards are coming down in price again, but they're still going to be higher than normal price for a while, but I would really recommend getting some extra RAM too. You'll see the benefit with pretty much everything (even outside of games) with the extra.

Take your time in upgrading, the game isn't finished yet and there are still bugs and performance issues.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 5/28/2018 at 4:27 PM, Yehiel said:

so no PS for now. maybe i'll join you in a few months/years. ;)

it took me 5.5 years only.
yesterday i purchased the game (still running the i5 4670 :D),  just came back to this thread and now i'm just a little curious if anyone likes to play post scriptum or has an opinion about the general development / status quo of "ww2 tactical shooters", somewhat influenced by the one and only fh2. ;) (of course back then i couldn't estimate how much more milsimish post scriptum is.)
this game might have another chance now, after a new team seems to take it over and servers getting more populated also with new players like me. so i keep on diving a bit more into this and see, for now ... greetings, ciao kakao