New Community Updater - Tutorial and download

kummitus

On 1/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, kummitus said:

Windows 7 users! Make sure your Operating System is up to date, otherwise updater might not work!

I run updater just fine in win 7

Newest KB pack installed in 2016. The rest is 2011-2014

div microsoft visual c++ 20XX redistributable

Microsoft NET Framework 4.6.1 as 4.7.2 made div. utilities & software crash when starting up for me, Only way to reverse to 4.6.1 was with a cloned backup of win 7 as uninstall would not fix the crashing.

Btw. I also have the very small CMP icon in taskbar 🙂

o9EGiGz.png

Edited by Spieler4

• 2 weeks later...

I used the installer from the link of the first post...

After installed where is the .exe of the installer?

I just don't get it...

I am installing the new version but is installing the old one?   😂

Sorry, it must be annoying for you all... but I am actually trying... :D 

I just downloaded the map update for the campaign, and I noticed that the updater shows the text "Please wait while FH2 Community Installer is being installed". This is a bit confusing. The first time I tried it I also thought the .exe installed the new updater, not the map update.

Maybe you'll change that in the next update.

cmp-installer.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello @vitalistashkov and welcome to CMP!
We are an international community, so please speak/write english in the general forum. We do however have quite a good number of russian speaking members and a russian subforum where russian is allowed: https://cmp-gaming.com/forum/78-русский/

According to Google Translator, you were asking "how to get into the game and install it correctly."
1. You need Battlefield 2 patched through to the latest patch (1.5)
2. Forgotten Hope 2 ( http://www.fhmod.org )
(in case you dont own Battlefield 2, you should take a look in the FH forum for further help. )
3. in order to participate in the latest Map Tests and future FH2 tournaments, wou will require either the new CMP Community Installer ( https://s3.cmp-gaming.com/files/fh2-community-updater.zip ) or download the Custom Maps and CMP Minimod from the manual links that will be provided in each Map Test or Battle announcement. The Community Installer is basically a .exe file that doesnt need installing but is an ad hoc updater that downloads and installs the custom content into your FH2 folder (path needs to be correct, just follow the Installer instructions) or checks your fh2 folder for missing custom content and updates it.

• Thanks 2