Announcing the launch of CMP's Third FH2 Campaign - "Into Darkness". Join the battles in the Winter and Continuation War fought between Finland and the Soviet Union.

Click here to sign up for the campaign and choose your side!

Papillon

Poll: Your favourite theatre for the next FH2 campaign

What's your favourite theatre for the next FH2 campaign?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite theatre for the next FH2 campaign?

Maybe, on the other hand, he at some point really enjoyed directing the german artillery to targets (yes, he was artillery spotter apparently) and enjoyed seeing russian stuff/houses getting blown to pieces with huge explosions of german Wespe/Hummel 150mm shells... 😈Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-278-0898-04,_Russ

Edited by DanielNL
  • Sad 1

On 8/8/2018 at 11:53 PM, HochuDeutschmeister said:

I voted for Pacific too,  but then I remembered myself with an Evil grin, that all Pacific Maps are Part of the Waw 762 FH Package  and they dont work under 2.53 FH Verison

On 8/9/2018 at 3:29 AM, Hawk said:

They are being refurbished at the moment. And if Pacific would be voted, it would be even more convenient for the mappers as they dont have to split their work into tournament maps and Community Mappack maps.

You are both wrong.

They will work and the tournament maps will be different from the mappack maps.

8 minutes ago, GeoPat said:

You are both wrong.

They will work and the tournament maps will be different from the mappack maps.

Isnt that just a matter of a different GPO? But the map remains the same.... i mean there's a difference if you work on two completely different maps or just replace the vehicles and pickupkits on one, no?

Let alone the work of refurbishing the map statics for one and the same theatre instead of splitting up on two different theatres.

• Like 1

It is never that simple Hawk.  Only half the Pacific campaign will come from the mappack and we will want to fix everything we didn't fix last time.

In truth, maps are never finished.  Even if we went with another theatre, it would be the same amount of work.

I voted Normandy, although I am in for most theaters, and I would be fine with any other.

The meain reason I voted Normandy is that I have the feeling we need a campaign where most maps are already finished, before the campaign even starts. It would have double effect:

1. The campaign would become more playable for everybody, we can get settled on what is to come, teams can start training already on Sunday or Mondays, the officers can start strategizing the next battle 6 to 5 days in advance, instead of the last 24 hours like in this campaign.
  2. I am sure the CMP team and all developers could use a campaign with less workload. Time is precious, if you keep having campaigns with last minute fixes like we have now, you will keep forcing developers to spend more time than they might have. In the long run that is an unhealthy working environment.

Guys, seriously, the only "less work" option would be a mixed campaign.  For every other theater we are talking about having 12+ maps in a playable state.  AFAIK, there is no theater that complete.  I can't even think of 12 Normandy maps off hand that would be suitable for a campaign.  We will always choose more work and frequent updates over making people play a boring map for 4 hours.

Either vote your favorite or vote mixed. 

Don't assume you know what is in our storage unless you actually work on it.

On 8/12/2018 at 1:49 PM, Humledrik said:

Pacific was horrible last time. Would be happy if I never ever had to play Pacific again.

Agree there should be a revote on the 3 most popular choices, to give people a second best option.

I second this. The last Pacific FH2 campaign was toxic and absolutely horrible. If CMP wouldn't have started after it, I would have probably quit playing campaigns for good.

Balance, maps and especially the mood. Oh, and the use of bloody bugged assets, like the light tank Stuart with armor like a Maus. The assets, weapons etc. were so unbelievably imbalanced that everyone was annoyed, angry or straight-up pissed off 24/7 when playing, and reading the best worst funniest threads did nothing but fuel the flames. And nobody seemed to care or do anything to fix it. Then again, it was the death throes of FHT, but the campaign left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I refuse to play a single pacific map again.

Yah the mood...Balancewise I think we got a grip on that with the 32 layer counter attack scenarios. About buggedness, the Ha-Go was underpowered in its main gun when we started, and I think we upped it some quite late in the campaign (https://www.quora.com/If-the-M3-Stuart-battled-against-the-Japanese-Ha-Go-tank-who-would-win-Referencing-the-Philippine-defence-during-WW2). We added the HEAT mortars too and the Type 1 AT gun to give the IJN something to work with against tanks.

Well, hope to sway you mate 🙂